Sunday 31 October 2010

Network(!) Rail

Okay! Time for a bit of a moan. As you know I attended the Harlequins v Bath rugby union match today. This involved getting a train from Reading to Twickenham. Herein lies the problem - there were engineering works on South West Trains line from Reading to London Waterloo. As a result certain stations, including Twickenham, were closed for most of the day. Knowing there was a problem when I bought my tickets I asked for details at Reading Station. The employee who sold me my ticket told me there were "no engineering works" as did the representative on the customer information desk.

The issue is that the rail companies are clearly not speaking to each other!!! Reading station is run by First Great Western whereas the line in question is run by South West Trains.

In the end it was not a problem as we just caught a bus replacement from Hounslow.

BUT WE ARE PAYING INCREASING FARES FOR AN INCREASINGLY INEFFICIENT AND DIS-JOINTED RAIL SERVICE! WHY!!!

Rant over!

This is the age of the Train!

Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment