Friday 29 October 2010

Rich Dad Poor Dad

Last night I attended a free seminar by the Rich Dad Foundation in Reading. I attended with a former colleague, her boyfriend and brother. Fpr those of you who are not aware "Rich Dad Poor Dad" is a best selling guide to investment By Robert Kiyosaki. I have not read the book, but my colleague had and found it useful in parts.


The free seminar was perhaps not surprisingly a two hour sales pitch for a three day course on how to get rich quick from property investment. There is alot on the internet about this being a scam, particularly in America. However, I am open minded enough to think there is something in it. Certainly, as the presenter Stephen Sweet  said:

- In the long term property values go up.
- No one gets rich without taking action.
- Postitive mental attitude / mindset is important.

However, I am not in a position to "invest" nearly £800 of my money in what is clearly a bit of a gamble.

Food for thought though...

Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment